Application for Undergraduate Dormitory in Spring Semester 2023
The applications for undergraduate dormitory for the spring semester of 2023 are about to begin. Please take note of the following:
- Eligibility: Undergraduate students who are NOT currently residing in any of the on-campus dormitories. Applicants and both parents should have their household registry registered outside of Taipei and New Taipei City for at least two years, or registered in the following 11 districts of New Taipei City for at least two years: Sanzhi, Shimen, Jinshan, Wanli, Ruifang, Gongliao, Shuangxi, Pingxi, Pinglin, Wulai, and Shiding.
- Students who take a leave of absence are qualified to apply, but must be re-enrolled by the time they are assigned to a dormitory.
- Undergraduate students currently residing in BOT Prince House dormitories may apply. Should they be assigned a dormitory and decide to terminate their contract with Prince house early, they will be required to pay 1 month of rent for liquidation damages.
- Students currently residing in on-campus dormitories whose accommodation term ends this semester and requires further accommodation for the spring semester, should contact the Student Housing Service Division to open permissions for the online application process.
- If applicants are unable to login to the online application system due to a change in household registry, please notify the Student Housing Service Division, and contact the Undergraduate Academic Affairs Division to update your household registry information.
- When checking in at your new dormitory, please bring a household registration transcript no older than three months for verification. The transcript must include the applicant and both parents’ complete relocation history. If the transcript does not meet the eligibility requirements, you will be disqualified from accommodation.
- Application Date: 10:00 AM on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 to 12:00 noon on Wednesday, December 28. (Late applications will not be accepted.)
- Application Website: https://housing.ntu.edu.tw/waiting/index/id/1112
- Applicants meeting the following requirements may receive priority. Please upload relevant documents during the application period:
- Students with a documented disability (requires disability card)
- Low income families (requires low-income certificate issued by government); no accommodation fee but applicants still need to pay the deposit.
- Middle-low income families may be exempt from 30% of accommodation fee, please upload certificate.
- Islander students and aboriginal students (requires household registration transcript)
- Students who have reached the end of their accommodation term (student ID starting with B07, Veterinary Medicine majors starting with B06, Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy majors starting with B05) can apply for accommodation, but will be placed behind the aforementioned priority applicants and other applicants who have yet to reach the end of their term. If applicants have reached the end of their term but have yet to graduate do to double major, transferring, suspension, or teacher education program, please provide your academic transcript and other relevant documents to the application system. Such applicants will be prioritized between applicants who have yet to reach the end of their accommodation term and other delayed graduates.
- Application Results: The results of the draw and waiting list will be announced on the Student Housing Service Division’s website at 2:00 PM on Friday, December 30, 2022.
- When applying, applicants may add their preference for main-campus dormitories or downtown-campus dormitories. If you are unwilling to be accommodated to any one of these campuses, please do not add it to your preferences.
- The waiting list will be active until April 14, 2023. The progress of the waiting list may be seen on the application website.
- Those who wish to apply for Prince House dormitories, please apply at Prince House’s website https://ntudorm.prince.com.tw to join the midterm waiting list. You may simultaneously join the waiting lists for on-campus dormitories and Prince house, but must choose one should you be accommodated to both at the same time.
- Accommodation Term: The term limit for each student is the normal amount of years to graduate for each department, which is calculated using the applicant’s student ID, regardless of transfer or suspension. Ex: Department of Chinese Literature has a normal length of study of 4 years, so B09 students may be accommodated until the end of the 2023 academic year.
- For any inquiries, please contact Ms. Feng. TEL: (02)3366-2266, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Housing Service Division